The Registry of Cinematographic and Audiovisual Companies is a public registry managed by ICAA, used to register any legal or natural persons representing companies incorporated in Spain that are subject to any of the measures foreseen in Act 55/2007, of 28 December, which carry out production, distribution and viewing activities and others related to the cinematographic and audiovisual sector.Salto de línea The Registry consists of four sections:
- One: Producers of cinematographic films and audiovisual works
- Two: Distributors of cinematographic films and audiovisual works
- Three: Viewing companies
- Four: Exporters of films and other audiovisual works
- Ex officio, if the applicants of certificates, aid and other measures foreseen in Act 55/2007 address ICAA to begin the procedure in question and when the owners of film cinemas, whether or not in entrepreneurial form, provide ICAA with a prior communication of commencement of their activity, with the following information:
- Data related to the legal status and capacity of the cinema owner
- Data of representatives or attorneys legally entitled to act in their name
- Data of the cinema and theatres it runs
- At the interested party’s request.
After verifying the information, ICAA will proceed with the registration.Salto de línea Once a company is registered at the registry of cinematographic and audiovisual companies in an Autonomous Community, it will be accordingly recorded at the ICAA Registry without having to re-apply for registration.Salto de línea Registration will be cancelled ex officio (after hearing the interested party) or at a party’s request, if the company has remained inactive for five years.
Documents required for registration at the Registry of Cinematographic Companies
- If the applicant is a natural person: authorisation allowing his/her personal data to be consulted by the examining body, through the Identity Data Verification System. In the absence of express authorisation, the applicant will provide a photocopy of his/her Spanish Identity Card or document confirming the identity of foreigners residing in Spain, or other equivalent card.
- If the applicant is a legal person: a photocopy of its fiscal identification card; a photocopy of its deed of incorporation, including the entry stamp at the public registry where it is registered; and documentation confirming its attorney’s representation and legal capacity.
- In either case: receipt of enrolment at the Census of Entrepreneurs, Professionals and Withholders. The interested party may choose between submitting said document or expressly authorising ICAA to obtain it directly. If a commercial name, brand or sign is used, verification of its registration must be provided pursuant to industrial property regulations.
- In the case of non-Spanish companies residing in European Union Member States or European Economic Area, eligible for financial aid, a provision registration will be conducted based on documentation confirming each company’s legal status, capacity and representation used, which will be provided along with the application for financial aid. The final registration will be completed once a proposed resolution is issued in relation to the financial aid granted to the company.
Deadline for registration
When registration is applied for by interested parties, notification of registration or its dismissal will be carried out within a maximum of 15 days following the filing of the request. Should no registration be notified to the interested party within this period of time, it will be deemed as upheld.