The unit answers to the Technical Secretariat, which carries out the following activities:
- Organising, co-ordinating and promoting cultural projects of interest to the Autonomous Communities nationally and abroad.
- Following up on the Agreements between the Ministry and the different Autonomous Communities.
- Compiling the cultural regulations published in the Official State Gazette and in the Official Journals of the Autonomous Communities.
- Co-ordinating the work of the Council of St James regarding the programmes and initiatives related to St James' Way and the celebration of the Jacobean holy years, as well as the work of the Sectorial Conference of Culture.
- Managing the "Spanish Cultural Point of Contact", part of the European Commission's "Culture 2000"programme, co-ordinating the actions of the different representatives in the Autonomous Communities with the European Commission.
- Organising symposiums, designed for and in collaboration with Judges, Magistrates and Public Prosecutors, to study the Intellectual Property and Spanish Historical Heritage legislation.
Salto de línea