It is a unit answering to the Department of Cultural Policy and Industries, carrying out the following activities:
- Advising on international cultural affairs that affect the Ministry.
- Active or representative participation in the specialised forums and international bodies related to culture.
- Preparing, within the scope of the European Union, the Councils of Ministers of Education, Youth and Culture through the Cultural Affairs Committee.
- Participating in the drafting, execution and development of bilateral cultural co-operation agreements.
- Organising promotion activities for Spanish culture and Institutions abroad and for the culture of other countries in Spain.
- Organising and managing training and technical support activities in Spain for culture professionals.