This photo was taken from the lower gardens, looking towards the caves and buildings. It entered the Museum's collections around 1920, so it was taken before that date.
Although there is no author registered in the registry book, this photo is identical to the one keep at the IPCE in Moreno's archive with the number 00221_C. For this reason it can be attributed to Mariano Moreno.
Noteworthy is the size of the garden at the time, smaller than nowadays as it will be explanded in 1962, and the romantic garden created by the Marquis, with numerous archaeological remains.