Wrought iron anchor from one of the two shipwrecked frigates on the east coast of the present United States of America between the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries: Juno and La Galga. Both ships were part of the interoceanic convoys that Spain maintained from the sixteenth century until the independence of its American possessions during the nineteenth century. La Galga, a frigate of fifty guns, found its end during a storm in 1750 off the coast of Virginia, while escorting a fleet that made the passage from La Havana to Cadiz. The Juno, a frigate of 34 guns that had sailed from the Mexican port of Veracruz, was lost several miles offshore from the previous wreck when it made a trip to Cadiz in 1802.
The two wrecks were dispossessed by the Sea Hunter company, but after a long legal battle, the Federal Court of the United States of America definitively recognized the legitimate rights of the Kingdom of Spain on both ships of the Navy in the year 2000.