The museum offers a consultation service for researchers, who, for professional or academic reasons, may wish to have access to the museum’s and the library’s collections, or to its document or photographic archives.
Consultation of the museum’s collection
Researchers wishing to request information about the collections or about the Palacio de Marqués de Dos Aguas, should do so by sending a request to the director, Sr. Jaume Coll:
Access the museum’s holdings with a technician can also be arranged by prior telephone appointment.
Museum Collections and Documentation Research Request Form
Consultation of library resources
The consultation of library resources is regulated by the rules of the museum’s library.
Requests of photographs for research purposes
- All requests for photographs of museum artefacts or the museum’s installations must be referred to the Departamento de Fotografía (Department of Photography) on the appropriate request form, with the personal details of the person making the request
- If requested photographs are not found in the photo archives, the person making the request will have to bear the costs of having the photographs taken. Copies of the photographs will have to be given to the museum within two months of their being taken. They will be handed over to the department of photography, with name of the photographer, the date taken and the inventory numbers of the pieces photographed.
- The use of photographs for any purpose other than that specified without authorisation is prohibited. Any other use must be specifically authorised by the centre director.
- All photographs should be accompanied by the following acknowledgement: Museo Nacional de Cerámica y de las Artes Suntuarias “González Marti”, Valencia.
- The person making the request must hand in a certain number of copies of the publication in which the museum’s artefacts appear. The department of photography will indicate the exact number of copies required. The publication/s will be referred directly to the department of photography of the museum, for the attention of the person in charge.
- In the case that the reproduction of a piece to which the author has rights, the person making the request will have to bear the cost that its publication incurs; under no circumstance will the museum be responsible for the costs.
- The museum reserves the right to withdraw the right of publication for any of its artefacts or rooms.
- The person making the request must understand and accept these rules, and is responsible for any misuse of any requested reproductions.
To request a photograph please use the request form below, which should be sent by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , by fax or post.
- Requests should be sent for the attention of the department of photography.
- If the photographs requested are found in the photography archives, copies will be sent to the person making the request subject to the museum’s conditions being accepted.
- If the photographs requested are not held in the collection, the museum will ask a professional photographer to take the photographs, at the expense of the person requesting the photographs.
- In all cases, the photographs will be digitally formatted and stored on a CD.
Museum Collections and Documents Reproduction Request Form