It is the funeral chapel of Alonso de Burgos, sponsor of the Collegiate. Dating from 1486, it is a work by Juan Guas and Juan Talavera.
It plays a privileged role in the whole museum and collection, as it is an enclosure that preserves almost intact the atmosphere of the place.
Its construction follows the late-Gothic trend constructing smaller buildings of single trace but gifted inside of a sumptuous artistic program richly ornamental. It contains the "core" of the exhibition, offering the keys to a global understanding of the collection by exhibiting some of the representative works of the authors, periods and genres that visitors will find on their tour.