Regulated by Royal Decree 1431/2009 of 11 September, governing the reorganisation of the Consejo Jacobeo
Functions of the Executive Committee
The Executive Committee is the supporting body for the Central Committee and under its supervision carries out the following actions:
- Fostering cooperation between the different institutions and autonomous regions for the undertaking of the necessary tasks that enable the Central Committee of the Consejo Jacobeo fulfil its functions.
- Implementation and monitoring of the agreements reached by the Central Committee of the Consejo Jacobeo.
- Harmonisation of the actions carried out by the different governments in the fields of protection, standardisation and signposting of the Camino de Santiago.
- Coordination of the totality of information sought on the state of preservation of the Camino de Santiago.
- Leading the cultural enhancement of the Camino de Santiago by offering services and activities that are specially directed towards pilgrims and people interested in obtaining more in-depth knowledge of the Camino.
- Promoting the carrying out of detailed studies on the public and private resources invested in the Camino de Santiago and the human resources devoted to its management, as well as its evaluation as an instrument for economic development and connection between regions.
- Resolving urgent matters that require immediate decisions and reporting on these at the first meeting held by the Central Committee of the Consejo Jacobeo.
- Any other function delegated to it by the Central Committee of the Consejo Jacobeo.
Composition of the Executive Committee
The committee comprises the following members:
- Chairperson: Director General of Cultural Industries and Cooperation, Ministry of Culture and Sport..
- Secretary:Assistant Director for Cultural Cooperation with the Autonomous Communities. Directorate General of Cultural Industries and Cooperation, Ministry of Culture and Sport.
Members: one representative with the rank of director general designated by each of the members of the Central Committee.
Members for the Autonomous Communities:
Members for the Government of Spain:
- Director of Cultural and Scientific Relations. Spanish Agency for International Cooperation for Development (AECID), Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union and Cooperation.
Inspector General of the Ministry of Finance.
- Director General of Organisation and Inspection, Ministry of Development.
- Technical Secretary General for the Ministry of Education and Vocational Training.
- Director General of the Spanish Tourism Institute (TURESPAÑA), Ministry of Industry, Trade and Tourism.
- Director General of Regional and Local Cooperation, Ministry of Territorial Policy and Civil Service.
Director of the Technical Division of the Subsecretariat of the Ministry of Ecological Transition.
Technical Secretary General of the Ministry of Culture and Sport.
Director General of Fine Arts, Ministry of Culture and Sport.
Director General of the National Institute of Performing Arts and Music (INAEM), Ministry of Culture and Sport.