Archive of the Crown of Aragon Trust
Professional governing body for this Archive, created by Royal Decree 1267/2006, dated 8 November (Official Spanish Gazette (BOE) published 9 November), with the participation of the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport and the Autonomous Communities of Aragon, Catalonia, Valencia and the Balearic Islands.
FunctionsSalto de línea
- Approve, upon proposal of the Permanent Commission, the annual general action plan.
- Monitor the level of completion of the plans and programmes, as well as carrying out any institutional support actions required by the Archive of the Crown of Aragon.
- Be informed on and report on the plans and programmes for the acquisition, preservation and conservation of the documentary collections.
- Provide its own reports for the annual report of activities drafted by the Director of the Archive of the Crown of Aragon and the draft budget that has to be presented by the National Archives Office.
- Foster and promote participation by society in the enrichment, preservation, conservation and promotion of the documentary collections at the Archive of the Crown of Aragon, drafting the corresponding proposals.Salto de línea
- Promote technical and historical relations and exchanges with other archives in Spain and abroad.Salto de línea
- Issue the mandatory report on any proposal for the permanent transfer of archive collections.Salto de línea
- Evaluate forms and manage the acquisition of extra resources from public and private institutions as appropriate.Salto de línea
- Report on the appointment of the Director of the Archive of the Crown of Aragon.Salto de línea
- Establish study commissions for certain purposes.
General Archive of the Indies Trust
Collegiate body that advises on the management of the centre. It comprises participants from the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport, the regional government of Andalusia, the Seville City Council, the Spanish Higher Council for Scientific Research, universities in Seville and distinguished individuals from the world of culture.
- Monitoring of the specific institutional support plans, projects and activities for the Archive.
- Control of the acquisition, preservation and conservation programmes of Archive documents.
- Encouragement and promotion of public participation in the enrichment and dissemination of the Archive's resources.
Historical Memory Documentary Center Trust
Governing body mentioned in Royal Decree 697/2007, dated 1 June ( published in the Spanish Official Gazette, BOE, on 15 June), by which the Historical Memory Documentary Center was created.
- Determine and report on the plans and programmes for activities and acquisitions.
- Provide its own reports for the annual report of activities drafted by the Director of the Historical Memory Documentary Center and the draft budget that has to be presented by the National Archives Office.
- Encourage and promote society's participation in the enrichment, preservation, conservation and dissemination of the documentary collections in the general archive of the Historical Memory Documentary Center, drafting the corresponding proposals.
- Issue the mandatory report on any proposal for collections leaving the archive.
- Evaluate forms and manage the acquisition of extra resources from public and private institutions as appropriate.
- Ensure the integrity and enrichment of the Historical Memory Documentary Center collections and resources.