This is a professional consultative body assigned to the General Department of Fine Arts and Cultural Assets.
The Board analyses and hands down proposals on:
- Protected cultural asset export applications.
- Protected cultural asset import applications.
- Acquisition of cultural assets by Spain that become part of the national museum, archives and library collections.
The Valuation Commission is an integral part of the Board.
- To value assets intended to be given to Spain in payment of tax debts.
- To provide any estimations required to apply support measures (established in title VIII of Law 16/1985), in order to finance conservation, maintenance and restoration works, as well as the archaeological protection and excavations carried out on items of cultural interest.
- The valuations required to apply these support measures (regulated in article 74 of Law 16/1985).
- Law 16/1985 on Spanish Historical Heritage, article 3. Regulating the Spanish Historical Heritage Assets Classification, Valuation and Export Board.(PDF: 119 Kb)
- Royal Decree 111/1986, articles 7 to 9.(PDF: 126 Kb)
- Royal Decree 111/1986, article 9.4. Valuation Commission.(PDF: 126 Kb)