This photo was taken from the upper garden towards the porch and building of the Museum. It entered the Museum's collections around 1920, so it was taken before that date.
Although there is no author registered in the registry book, this photo is identical to the one keep at the IPCE in Moreno's archive with the number 00228_C. For this reason it can be attributed to Mariano Moreno.
In this photo the original design of the upper garden can be seen. This design, made by the marquis of Vega-Inclan and the architect Eladio Laredo, presented two fountains (reproduced in the modern garden), and cuadrangular flower beds. Under the porch part of the fence dividing the kitchen and upper garden, as well as the banister protecting the way down towards the caves, can be seen. Nowadays there is no access to the caves from the upper garden.